Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Home For Noro....

Hi Guys! Recently bought some Noro Kureyon (very first time using it!) and could not find anything to do with it. So it sat, staring at me - begging for attention. Tried the 'Braided Mischief' pattern with it and love it! Highly recommend this yarn for this particular scarf. I used giganto sticks so its coming along super fast too! Misty Garden might be next - very pretty Suzie!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Suzie said…

    That looks great Fearless! I have some projectless Noro too.... How many skeins do you think it's going to take?

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said…

    Suzie...I'm thinkin' about three balls should do it for this pattern. Will be nice and long, wrap around once for my big neck hubby. I also used sz 15 needles so...if you use smaller needles or what the pattern recommends then ya might need more yarn.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    That looks very good - I might give it a go... oh, look, NO kureyon in my stash! Must buy more yarn then.

    :)

    Jess

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said…

    Jess....hehe....a perfect reason to buy more more more yarn! Make sure you post a pic - I'm curious about this in other colors!! Oh no, now I might just need to go get yarn too!

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger KarenK said…

    I can't believe how great that scarf looks in Kureyon - even better than the original choice in the book. Good choice of colors, and the scarf width seems to be working well with the color changes. Looks like it was meant to be...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home