Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Forbes Forest on the Needles



Here is the beginning of my Forbes Forest scarf, designed by Queeen of Cables Kathy Zimmerman.

The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, a wool-silk tweed blend, that I received in a gift exchange. As you can see, it's almost exactly the same color as the rubber stitch markers!

I went down to a size US 4 (3.5 mm) needle because this yarn is thinner than the original used in the book. The fabric feels wonderful, and the scarf is about 8" or 9" wide, so I'm not even going to bother measuring the gauge. I have 4 skeins, and will just go until the yarn runs out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dyann said…

    Beautiful!! Maybe this will be the next scarf pattern I choose.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Princess Papaya said…

    thats wonderful! I love seeing everyone's pictures since the pictures in the book leave a little something to be desired... I can see the patterns so much more clearly here!

    I just joined today--i'm working on a backyard leaves and a ruffles (the second). i'll post pictures soon!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    That pattern looks like fun! It's an excellent yarn choice, as well. Very foresty. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home