Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 03, 2004

Finished Misty Garden

I used Fiesta Yarns La Boheme (rayon boucle and mohair together) from my stash and bigger needles, so mine is a bit less refined. Still, it was nice to clear stash. This photo doesn't show the color best (it's much lighter/brigher - the boucle shines), but I'm having camera issues.


Misty Garden Posted by Hello

Two thoughts: If you do make it a on-the-go project, double check to see if you're on the right or wrong side when you pick it up. A couple of times I misread the ridge and started with the wrong pattern row and it took several rows to notice it. Second, because my yarn was larger and lumpier, so I made the end stitch on both sides a stockinet slip stitch. Doesn't look to be an issue in the book's version though. Just thought I'd mention it for others substituting.

Watching all the Ruffles grow is great. You may want to learn to knit backwards if you don't already - really really speeds things up.

It's fun to see so many people doing Backyard Leaves.

Nancy

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Anne-Caroline said…

    Nancy - It looks beautiful! I really like the yarn you chose. For some reason, my ridges are not as pronounced as yours, but perhaps this is because I am using 8's, and you went up in needle size? Nice job on your Misty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home