Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Backyard Leaves finished!

I finished Backyard Leaves last week, blocked the two pieces, sewed them together, slung it around my neck, stylishly, of course. YIKES, it was NOT snuggly, NOT soft, NOT what I wanted. So what's a girl to do? Turn to knitblogs, of course, where I found the answer in Bonne Marie/Chicknits blog -- give it a soak in hair conditioner -- which I did -- and while it's not the snuggliest scarf I have ever knit, it's a whole lot better!

Here it is:




And some detail:


Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Anne-Caroline said…

    Hair conditioner...really? Wow, I am learning a lot! It's a beautiful scarf, and even if it's not snuggly, maybe you can wear it with turtlenecks... :)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Martha said…

    You can read all about it here: http://www.chicknits.com/rambles/

    Scroll down to the entry re: The Shazam Aran Cardi fronts.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger aamratlal said…

    The scarf looks beautiful. Just out of interest, what type of yarn did you use? I have some Jo Sharp DK that I was thinking of using, but I'm not convinced of its snugliness (although the hair conditioner plan sounds promising).

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    I knit it in the Peruvian Collection Highland Wool, so it was very economical (less than $10), but I did think it was scratchy.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Suzanna said…

    Congratulations! It looks beautiful. What method of sewing together did you use? My two halves have been sitting here finished for almost a week and I just can't seem to get through this part. I want to try the mattress stitch, but having never seamed anything before, well....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home