Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Yet Another Ruffler

Hello, I'm Gina. I am so excited to have found a group of people that are as excited about the projects in this book as I am! I "borrowed" this book from my MIL because I loved the different projects this book offers. Along with Ruffles I have started the Turtleneck Shrug and Bright Stripes (I call it Color Stripes for some reason!)

Although I haven't been knitting for very long I have not yet tried a project using the yarns suggested. Maybe one day! So...I am doing Ruffles in Cascade 220 Pink, Bright Stripes in some not really bright but nice and pretty Bernat Berella in assorted colors and Turtleneck Shrug in Kartopu Carabelli (My MIL got it from Turkey, it is YUMMY!)

Ruffles took a bit for me to get started right, after starting over about 6 times I finally got it and am so excited about the progress. Bright stripes is moving right along! The Turtleneck Shrug is on holders right now though, I couldn't find 12" #7 circs, I tried DPN's but I just don't like them so I am going to search harder for the circs.

I will try and get some work in progress pics up soon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Gina,

    I've made two of the Ruffles Scarf and I really enjoyed knitting them. The first one I did in Cascade 220, pale pink -I'll try and upload a picture. I also did one in a variegated Encore yarn (click on my name and you'll see the post and picture). I preferred the Encore because the color variation in the yarn seemed to hide the bumps that develop better than the Cascade 220. I've been thinking about felting the Cascade Ruffle just a little to see if the yarn will bloom and camouflage the bumps that come up at the turned stitches. I've done the SSK instead of K2tog as suggested in an earlier post and I'm still trying to decide whether that takes care of the bumpiness.

    Half way or so through the first scarf I taught myself how to knit backwards instead of turning the work after each short row and that saved a lot of time and trouble. And, Ruffles seemed to go pretty fast for me once I got the hang of it!

    In recent posts I've seen comments about big stitches developing down the "spine" and I just looked at my Ruffles and I agree the stitches in the middle are a little bigger, but not noticeably so.

    For sure, I liked Ruffles enough to do it again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home