Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I'm New!

Hi, I'm new to this blog and glad to be here!

I've knit two of the Ruffle Scarf - what fun. I did the first one in a pale pink Cascade 220 (2 skeins) and it turned out great. But, I also had concerns about the bumpy appearance of the wrapped stitches and I'm happy to read on this blog that ssk helps solve the problem. I'm thinking of washing the scarf to see if the yarn will bloom a little and smooth out.

Next I knit the Ruffle in Encore Colorspun Sherbet Print, size 8 needle. I really like this one! The color change occurs after a couple of twists and I think it looks great in this yarn. I got very tired of turning my work all the time so I've figured out how to purl back across the rows without turning my work - I supposed it's really knitting backwards. Here's a picture -maybe.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home