Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, October 01, 2004

Still waiting on my book to arrive, but I peeked at a copy in my LYS and started this scarf (don’t remember name/page).

Wanted to use stash, so I'm using Fiesta Yarns’ La Boheme, which is a little too big and bumpy to get the exact look, but it's working out ok. Not my usual colors, but maybe that’s good. Still wondering if I should have used #9 needles and just let it be bigger/looser. May do a quick swatch, may bag it. I had no idea what to do with this yarn. It was a seconds purchase from the shop in NM, so I'm not even sure of the yardage. Got a little concerned, so in a moment of great prescience I took the knitting off the needles, weighed it, weighed the ball and did the math. Nice to think one too-short scarf (waiting sadly in the drawer) and another knitted-3-times to get the length have taught me something.

Cast on per the pattern, but have made one change. I’m slipping the first stitch of each row to create a smooth edge, which I like regardless, but really helps with the rayon boucle. If you want to do that too, be careful to slip the first stitch purlwise on the 2nd and 4th pattern row (the 4th row is K on a ws) and purl the last stitch of the 4th row, which becomes the first slipped K st on the next row.


Nancy's La Boheme scarf Posted by Hello

I’m going to do the balloon pattern with Tipper but need to wait for the book. My memory’s not good enough to remember get milk when I’m in the grocery store (so yet another trip today) much less hold a cable pattern.

Have a creative weekend,
The Crafty Wench

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home