Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Ruffle update...and a little more

Re Ruffles: I have read lots of people comment that they were unhappy with the bumps the wraps made when you knit the last row or the pattern (does that make sense??). I discovered today, after being very unhappy with the way my ruffles looks that if you SSK the wrap and the stitch instead of doing a K2tog - there is no ugly bump in the row!! I am slipping - first the wrap, then the stitch - knitwise onto my right needle than knitting both together. I am so happy this works! Please let me know if you try this and it works for you, too. I will trr to take a few pictures to show what I mean.
In other scarf news - I started the Here and There Cables scarf (for my MIL)in a pretty heather purple, Cascade 220. What a fun pattern this one is! I have a huge thing for cables and this one looks great. Instead of using a cable needle, I am using a DPN in the same size (I'm using US8s), this lets me knit the stitches directly off the DPN - it is sooooo much easier for me than a (slippery) cable needle,
Pictures of both scarves will be on my blog tomorrow.

http://jacqknits.prettyposies.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home