Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Another replacement question

Jill, what are you using for your scarf? That's another one I can make (cables are easy and beautiful!) but again, $10 per skein on an eight ball scarf? Whew! Let me know what you're using and if anyone has good suggestions for replacement!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger jillz said…

    I used Lion Brand Wool Ease which is an 80% acryllic/20% wool blend. I got it on sale for $2 a skein. It's pretty soft and is almost the same guage as the Reynold's in the book. I figure it's a scarf so guage doesn't matter that much.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said…

    Yes, yes! I want to make this scarf too...but was a little turned off by having to knit up 8 balls of yarn. I've already purchased 3 balls (about 300 m) of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed for a scarf for my dad, so I thought I'd decrease the length and width of the scarf ... make it a more "compact" scarf.

    Jill, your photo looks great!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Felicia from sweetgeorgia said…

    Oh yes, and WoolEase is a worsted weight yarn, so if that works you can definitely find an easy replacement. I'm in Canada, so both Patons Decor (for a wool/acrylic mix) or Patons Classic Wool (for 100% merino) are available quite inexpensively. I usually like to use whatever yarn the pattern suggests but often it's difficult to source them out locally (hello, Lambs' Pride?!?!)...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home