Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Ruffles!

Hello! Caryn from Fuzzy Noodle Knits here! I had preordered the book, and can I say, it is beautiful! What delightful patterns! I want to make them all, but figured I had to start somewhere, so the Ruffle scarf will be my first project. I started it a few weeks ago with Cascade Pima Tencel, but was unhappy with the results. The scarf is knit using wrapped short rows, and when I would pick up my wrapped sts, they would look all funky (you can look at my blog for photos of the wonky sts). So, I ripped last night, and started over with some leftover balls of Lana Grossa "Point" from my design in Magknits. Much better! the elastic in Point helps th keep the sts nice and even! Also, my first attempt was with blue yarn, and my Point is black, which I am much more likely to wear!

Can't wait to see what other are doing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home