Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Going in search of a pattern

Hello everyone. Only ordered the book a few days ago, so I'm thinking of going out to the bookstore later to sneak my first pattern. Hope it's in stock at B&N or Borders. May have to hit the LYS, but I was hoping to tap my stash for this and it seems tacky to sneak a peak at the pattern and then not buy yarn. Looked through the latest Interweave - are either of those two scarf/shawl patterns in the book? It doesn't indicate they are and I would assume they wouldn't miss the chance to promote.

A technical request... I'm a brand new blogger and just finished building my blog today. Not to be a total newbie, but I'm a bit confused by how to save buttons to my sidebar. I've seen lots of requests to "save it to your server", but not sure just how to do that. Currently, I'm using Hello to insert photos directly into my main blog and gallery blog and Flickr to host a gallery as well. Please someone, take pity on me and give me a tip on this. I don't want to get nastygrams about stealing server space.

Thanks in advance, Nancy http://thecraftywench.blogspot.com/


2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    From what I can see, the scarf and shawl patterns for the book are totally new, which I think is a nice touch. Did you see the PDF full of scarf patterns on the IK website? It's here: http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/pdf_files/Scarves_Staff.pdf

    There're plenty of stash-worthy patterns in the book; you'll probably find something that'll work with what you already have. It'll be fun to see!

    As far as button stuff goes... To save buttons (or any picture or graphic) to your hard drive, you just have to right click (assuming you have a PC) and select "save as." Then you have to upload it to server space somewhere. I'm not familiar with the programs you mentioned, so I can't tell you how they'd all work together. As far as customizing your blog so that you can put your buttons there, that's a little trickier. The help files might help you do that. It involves altering the template of your blog; there should be some area called the "sidebar," and that's where all the changes will be put. I'd be happy to talk you through it through email if you can't figure it out! :)

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Thanks Tipper. I'll check the Interweave site for ideas and post if I start one.

    Regarding the buttons: I do now how to alter my sidebar template (after a few hair-pulling hours navigating FAQs) and I'll take a shot at inserting buttons now. Guess I wanted to make sure there wasn't some obvious trick with the button graphics that would later have me slapping my forehead. Thanks for the help offer.
    Nancy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home